Monday, April 26, 2010

Mariah Carey Denies Persistent Pregnancy Rumor

A rep for Mariah Carey has shot down speculation that the singer and her husband, Nick Cannon, are expecting their first child.

Word first broke that Carey might be pregnant when photos leaked on the Internet that seemed to show the diva carrying a baby bump. 

In a recent statement to Us Weekly, however, Carey's rep claimed that any mommy rumors are totally false. 
Earlier this year, Cannon suggested that the couple want to wait to have a family until children can be their main focus.

"We absolutely plan to have a family," he told MTV. "But we gotta prioritize, because that's a major, major priority. That's like the only priority in life, when you think about it, is starting and raising a family. We wanna make sure everything is out of the way and that we don't have any distractions."

The statement echoes similar comments that Carey herself has made in the past.

"I cannot do the having-a-child thing halfway," she told Larry King last November. "I wouldn't be just like, 'Oh, I'm having a child, yay! Let me get a nanny so I can give her the baby. Take the kid.' That doesn't work me. I don't believe in that."

Mariah Carey rep denies pregnancy rumours

No comments:

Post a Comment