Monday, January 17, 2011

The Best and the Worst Dresses at Golden Globe 2011

These are all my personal opinions. If I have a wrong grammar or spelling ( English is my second language) don't hesitate to correct me in the comments below,  Enjoy this post :D




The Best


  • Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Olivia wears this big, beautiful, sparkly black tulle dress that absolutely steals the spotlight! You are going to remember this dress for decades! She has tall and thin body to pull off this dress. If petite girls like Eva Longoria and Lea Michele wear this dress? trust me…they are going to get a lot of criticism. Another thing that I love about her is that she’s not wearing crazy hair or makeup and let the dress be the main attention. Bravo Olivia!






  •        Lea Michele in Oscar De La Renta
This lovely pink one shoulder dress is one of the best at Golden Globe this year. It has so much drama with the tail and the ruffles, but Lea do the right thing by make sure it’s all perfectly fit!




  •        Eva Longoria in Zac Posen
This black dress is so beautiful, I like the fact that this dress accentuates Eva’s curve without being too vulgar. This one is sexy and classy at the same time.




  •        Scarlett Johansson in Elie Saab
The dress has a very romantic feeling to it. The color, the tulle, the cut, and all the embellishment make a perfect harmony. Scarlett has a pretty hair do too!




  •        Claire Danes in Calvin Klein
Very demure yet very outstanding pink halter dress, it is plain but the cut and the fit is perfect!




  •        Mila Kunis in Vera Wang
Mila wears this emerald green dress which is very flattering on her skin tone. The cut is very pretty. It has a little Grecian Goddess feels to it.




  •       January Jones in Versace
January loves to play on the red carpet, as long as I remember, she never play it safe! This time she wears a red cut outs full of fringe dress that shows her cleavage. She looks absolutely stunning!




  •        Megan Fox in Armani Prive
The color is super gorgeous, pale pink with a hint of purple, the ribbons overlapped detail in the top are so pretty, the leg peek-a-boo is beautiful.




  •        Emma Stone in Calvin Klein
I like the fact that this dress is so simple and demure but has a pop of orange peachy color. Emma lets the color be the main attention to her look. A+ to Easy A star. Note to Emma: Please go back to red hair.



  •        Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive
This bronze dress is very risqué! But Anne has the attitude to pull this off, back baring, full of sequins, a little bit shoulder puff going on, Anne looks perfect for me.




  •        Diana Agron in J.Mendel
She pairs this simple nude tube dress with a astatement necklace and a modern 40’s-50’s inspired hair. I adore it!




  •        Sandra Bullock in Jenny Packham
Once again, a very romantic dress that evening. Full of sparkly embellishment, beautiful nude color, and beautiful cut. I just hope Sandra choose different hairstyle.




  •        Halle Berry in Nina Ricci
Halle takes a very challenging black dress that I am sure will create a mixed review. It has a short solid black bottom and long tulle all over it. You either hate it or you either love it, nothing in between. Me? I love it! She has amazing body to pull this off.


The Worst


  •  Tilda Swinton in Jil Sander
Ahhh…Tilda is one of a kind actress with one of a kind fashion sense, I love her talent but I don’t like this white shirt and yellow skirt kind of “dress”



  •  Michelle Williams in Valentino


Michele Williams wears this nude cream color floral dress which I think is very ill fitting, I don’t hate this dress bit I feel she can do so much better with her dress choice.


  • Angelina Jolie in Versace


Don’t get me wrong, I love Angelina Jolie, but this dress? Not so much. It has 80s feeling to it which I don’t really like. One thing that bothers me, can Angie choose different hairstyle?  Her hair is always looks the same. But I love the fact she choose green color :D Go Angie!



  •  Christina Aquilera in Zuhair Murad


I don’t like this dress, nude color with black lace all over it doesn’t help either. She looks old with this style.



  •  Helena Bonham Carter in Vivienne Westwood


Well, I love love love Helena, she is a very unique and talented actress, but her sense of fashion? I never like it.

  • Natalie Portman in Viktor and Rolf


I don’t hate it and definitely is not the worst but she’s a beautiful woman! Natalie Portman should looks better than this, she is the face of Miss Dior Cheri so I believe John Galliano wants  to create the most beautiful maternity dress that ever exist for her! Somewhat this dress looks like a pink satin bed sheet that she wraps around her body and secure it with a big weird rose brooch. 


  • Julianne Moore in Lanvin


Too much drama! the color, the puffy sleeve, it just plain wrong.


  • Leighton Meester in Burberry


I feel like Leighton always tries to compete with Blake Lively to be a fashion icon. Sadly she never do it right! She is beautiful girl, she is the face of Vera Wang perfume and Missoni! She should dress better! 


  • Temple Grandin


Just wrong.


Pictures courtesy of:
fabsugar.com
stylebistro.com
glamour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment