Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Favorite Perfume So Far (April 2011 Edition)

Hugo Boss ‘Femme’ Eau de Parfum


I bought this when I was 17 years old in some department store at Shanghai. This floral perfume smells so feminine, clean, fresh and smooth. Totally inoffensive and my boyfriend loves it. Hugo Boss ‘Femme’ is the kind of perfume that everyone would like. ‘Safe smell’ I would say.  Sadly I run out of it and I will not repurchase because there are other perfumes that I really want to try. The weird thing is even though this is in eau de parfum form, Hugo Boss ‘Femme’ didn’t really last long on me, perhaps just 2-3 hours.


Top notes: black currant, freesia, tangerine.
Middle notes: lily, jasmine, bulgarian rose.
Base notes: apricot, amber, lemon tree.


Calvin Klein ‘Be’ Eau de Toilette


This one is unisex fragrance. Smells quite heavy but very refreshing at the same time. My ex-boyfriend in junior high school hated it, he said Calvin Klein ‘Be’ was too strong for his liking, too masculine for girl. I still love it though.


Top notes: lavender, green notes, mint, mandarin orange, juniper, bergamot.
Middle notes: green grass, magnolia, orchid, freesia, peach, and jasmine.
Base notes: sandalwood, amber, opoponax, musk, cedar, vanilla.


Burberry ‘Brit’ Eau de Toilette


My aunt bought me this perfume when she was in Paris last year. At the first sniff, I hated this perfume! It smells very sweet and spicy, very overwhelming!  But I force myself to use it on different occasions. One night when it was raining and very cold inside my room, I decide to used it and bam! This is the perfect perfume for cold weather/fall/winter. It warms you up, very vanilla and maybe I’m wrong but I swear I smell lime in it. Burberry ‘Brit’ is my perfect ‘snuggle fragrance’.  Staying power is not so great. Maybe it just last 1-2 hours on me. If you want something more long lasting try the eau de parfum version. I heard so much good reviews about it.


Fragrance notes: peony, lime, tonka bean, green almond, vanilla, and pear ( I am right about the lime and vanilla ).


Marc Jabobs ‘Daisy’ Eau de Toilette


How cute is the bottle? A perfume lover might be bought it just because of the adorable bottle! I bought it when I was in Changi Airport Singapore, in 2009. The juice inside is ok for me, not very long lasting on me. Nothing really special except I always get compliments from men when I wear it! This is my boyfriend favorite perfume so far. He refuses to fragrance shopping with me because he wants me wear this perfume forever! Daisy is fruity floral fragrance I would say. It is sweet but not overwhelmingly sweet. This is the kind of fragrance that suits spring and summer. Young, fun, and fresh.


Top notes: violet leaf, blood grapefruit, wild strawberry.
Middle notes: gardenia, violet, jasmine.
Base note: musk, white woods, vanilla


Carolina Herrera ‘212’ Eau de Toilette



My mother bought it for me when she was in Malaysia. I was maybe about 12-13 years old at that time. This perfume was too strong for me back then, so my mother uses it all up! She definitely loves it so much, it is her signature fragrance. This perfume is very elegant and sexy on her, suits her very well. Whenever I open the empty bottle I always remember about her! So Carolina Herrera is my favorite fragrance…on my mother. But a few months back me and my mother smelled this perfume on duty free store and it doesn't smell the same for us! maybe they change the formula? please tell me if you know it


Top notes: orange blossom, mandarin orange, cactus flower, bergamot.
Middle notes: white camelia, lily, gardenia, freesia, jasmine, rose
Base notes: sandalwood, musk.


Paris Hilton Eau de Parfum


It was my sister’s. She bought it when we were in Shanghai a few years ago (she bought this, I bought the Hugo Boss ‘Femme’). But after a while she didn’t like it anymore, so she gave it to me. There was a time in high school and freshmen year at college, when I really really really love this fragrance! ‘baby prostitute’ smells I dare say! But a good ‘baby prostitute’ smells :D it is very sweet and very fruity. Definitely not elegant or grown up but it is fun and flirty! sillage and lasting power are nice.


Top notes: melon, peach, apple
Middle notes: mimose, tuberose, lily, freesia, jasmine, lily of the valley.
Base notes: sandalwood, oakmoss, musk, ylang-ylang


Gucci "Guilty” Eau de Toilette 


I wrote a review about this perfume on another blog post. Copy paste this link to your browser..
http://vixenlady.blogspot.com/2011/02/singapore-beauty-buys.html


Fragrance notes: mandarin orange, peach, lilac, geranium, amber, patchouli, pink pepper. 


Chanel No.19 Eau de Toilette and Chanel ‘Allure’ Parfum




All this Chanel perfumes belong to my aunt. I love it when she sprays it on her and her room smells like No.19 and Allure all day long! Great sillage. I do love Chanel No.5 but I don’t plan to buy it soon, because I thought it smells very mature, elegant, and classy. Same with No.19 and Allure, I love them all but I’m not going to buy it soon. Maybe someday when I am 40 years old classy lady?


Chanel No. 19
Top notes: galbanum, hiacynth, neroli, bergamot.
Middle notes: orris, orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily of the valley, rose, narcissus.
Base notes: leather, sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, vetiver, cedar


Chanel 'Allure'
Fragrance notes: honeysuckle, passionfruit, magnolia, mandarin orange, water lily, bourbon vanilla, italian lemon, egyptian jasmine.


L’occitane ‘Wild Cherry Tree’ Eau de Toilette

This one is my mother’s, my sister bought it when she was in Malaysia but I do love to steal it sometime. I can’t describe the scent, it just so lovely and fresh. This fragrance is not like something you have smelled before, it is truly original. The lasting powers of L’occitane parfums are great. My aunt and I have others L’occitane eau de toilette and they last long on our skin all day long! Sadly this one is limited edition. 


Top notes: amalfi lemon, blackcurrant.
Middle notes: cherry blossom, tincture of rose.
Base notes: musk, sandalwood, virginia cedar.

My wishlist

I really want all these perfumes! I smell them a few times in the stores and I love it!

Christian Dior ‘Miss Dior Cherie’ Eau de Parfum


I had tried the eau de toilette and it didn’t last long on me. The eau de parfum on the other hand has amazing sillage and has a great lasting power. I do like ‘Miss Dior Cherie L’eau’ and ‘Miss Dior Cherie Blooming Bouquet’ but the original Miss Dior Cherie is my first choice.


Top notes: mandarin orange.
Middle notes: jasmine, rose.
Base notes: vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli, oak moss, amber.


Chanel ‘Coco Mademoiselle’ Eau de Parfum or Parfum


Same case with Miss Dior Cherie eau de toilette, Coco Mademoiselle eau the toilette also has a very weak staying power, even worst, it is smells more ‘watery’ than the parfum or eau de parfum. So my first choice is the eau de parfum, because the parfum is very expensive T_T. Btw the commercial with Keira Knightley rides the vespa is so chic. Google it!


Top notes: orange, mandarin orange, orange blossom, bergamot.
Middle notes: mimose, jasmine, turkish rose, ylang-ylang
Base notes: tonka bean, patchouli, opoponax, vanilla, vetiver, white musk.


Narcisso Rodriguez for Her Eau de Parfum


The black bottle is the eau de toilette version. The pink bottle is the eau the parfum. So I absolutely choose the pink one. This perfume reminds me of Sarah Jessica Parker ‘Lovely’ but this Narcisso Rodriguez is better, more sophisticated and very heavenly! I love it!


Fragrance notes: coriander, egyptian musk, amber, osmanthus, vanilla, vetiver, bergamot, orange blossom


Annick Goutal ‘Eau D’Hadrien’ Eau de Parfum

This is a very fresh but elegant fragrance. Annick Goutal is a great perfumer! no doubt about it.The eau de toilette version is for both men and women. There is a difference, however, between the EDP versions for both sexes. ‘Hadrien Absolu’ is for the men while Eau d’Hadrien eau de parfum is for the ladies. Another difference is that the bottles are square for the gentlemen while the ladies will be having the oval and/or flute-shaped containers.


Fragrance notes: cypress, grapefruit, citruses, sicilian lemon.


Viktor and Rolf “Flower Bomb” Eau de Parfum


How adorable is the bottle? It is a bomb shape! The eau de toilette is not last long on me. So definitely I want the eau de parfum version.


Top notes: bergamot, tea.
Middle notes: jasmine, freesia, tincture of rose, orchid.
Base notes: musk, patchouli.


Yves Saint Laurent ‘Parisienne’ Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum


I heard a mix reviews about this perfume, some people said that this perfume is 'granny' or 'too powdery', but I did try the eau de toilette version and this perfume smells so feminine and divine plus Kate Moss on the campaign? Very Parisienne. Sadly the smell did not last long on me. In the picture above showed the eau de toilette version. 

Top notes: cranberry, blackberry.
Middle notes: rose, violet, peony.
Base notes: vetiver, sandalwood, musk, patchouli.

Geez! I do like so many other perfumes and I want to have them all someday (girls can dream right?) I love CK 'Euphoria', Juicy Couture perfume, Juicy Couture 'Viva La Juicy', Vera Wang 'Princess', DKNY 'Be delicious', some of the Poison types from Dior and Victoria's Secret 'Sexy Little Things Noir'.
Also I really want to sniff Tom Ford 'Black Orchid', some of Jo Malone and Dyptique perfumes because I heard a good reviews about them. I need to remind myself to smell these perfumes on my next trip to the perfume store...sigh...I hope I never find my signature scent.


How about you guys? what is your favorite perfume? what perfume you think should I buy for my next purchase? tell me on the comment below.



PS: English is my second language, so excuse my grammar. Don’t hesitate to correct my grammar. Comment, send me an e-mail, or tweet me @melisaberry
















































No comments:

Post a Comment