Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lalah Hathaway New Album For Releases


Lalah Hathaway Soul veteran Lalah Hathaway  released her sixth solo studio album, ‘Where It All Begins,’ this month, 2011 via Stax Records. The set is led by the synth-driven first single “If You Want To,” penned by Rahsaan Patterson, Jonathan Richmond and Terrence Lilly.

On ‘Where It All Begins,’ Hathaway taps into newfound energy to create her masterpiece and she is very eager to let the world listen.

“Everybody is an artist in some way,” says Hathaway. “I wanted to explore what that really means. For me it meant walking into being the artist I’ve always wanted to be. It was an opportunity for me to embrace my independence as an artist through my music and connection to my fans.”

Along with Patterson, Richmond and Lilly, Hathaway also worked with several other big name songwriters and producers, including Dre & Vidal, James Fauntleroy, Lee Hutson, Jr., Mike City, Lil Eddie and more.

Hathaway’s last release was 2008’s Self Portrait, which reached the top ten on the Top R&B Albums chart and included the Grammy nominated (Best Female R&B Vocal) song “That Was Then.”

Like the previous albums, ‘Where It All Begins’ sees Lalah listening to her father Donny Hathaway’s landmark albums for inspiration.

“I really listened to my dad’s own songs,” Hathaway says fondly. “I just grew up with the approach of opening yourself up to create something beautiful, that’s a love letter to what came before.”

On Where It All Begins, Lalah Hathaway unquestionably succeeds at opening herself up in new and profound ways, striving for artistic higher ground and to ‘create something beautiful.’ “I feel like I’m at the top of my game, like I’m at the beginning again,” she says, excitedly. “There aren’t many artists, particularly female singers, who after 20 years, are kind of still on the come up. I feel like I’m on the come up.”

Listen to Lalah Hathaway - If You Want To






Lalah Hathaway New Album For Releases

No comments:

Post a Comment