Saturday, January 23, 2010

"I Can See Your Track Girl!" and other Random Thoughts While Sitting In a Waste of Time Conference

Hey everyone!

So today I had to attend a mandatory conference for my fellowship, if you could call it a conference. Since the conference was not beneficial to me at all, I began observing other girls hair. These may sound a bit harsh...but,in my mind, I'm a wee bit uncensored. Here are my thoughts!


1) I can see your track...do you know I can see your track?/ Do your know your natural hair is not hawaiian silky or that shiny? Like my bff says, the point of a weave is to fool people. You aren't fooling me if I can see your weave or if your tracks look like weave. This is actually a pet peeve of mine. If you're gonna wear weave, make it believable please!

2) That poor pitiful ponytail. I saw the saddest ponytail today. If you could call it that. It was a wisp of hair put back. I have to admit. It made me feel kinda bad. I wanted to tap the girl on the shoulder and tell her about LHCF b/c she tried to make the ponytail style look somewhat presentable but it kinda missed the mark. :sigh:

3)Dang, does everybody relax bone straight? As I looked around, a noticed a lot of girls relaxed bone straight and most of them didn't have hair past SL. Could there be a connection with this? Hmm...

4)What am I gonna do when I take these cornrows out? Since I can't relax yet, I have to figure out what I'm gonna do with my hair. One minute I think I'll roller set it and another I think I'll do a flexirod set. I dunno more to come on that.


I probably had more random thoughts like this since I have become more observant of other peoples hair (being on a hair journey does that I suppose). Sometimes, I just want to say something but it's hard b/c you don't know how others will react to it. What is one to do in situations such as these?

No comments:

Post a Comment