Monday, January 11, 2010

Caring for Cornrows

When my hair is braided, I follow the simplest regimen ever. I don't do a heck of a lot but it gets the job done.

....and here it goes:

1) Clean scalp (and braids, if necessary) with ORS Herbal Cleanse** at least 1x week
2) Spray braids with leave in conditioner (sometimes I use Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In. Right now I use Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave in)

Sometimes I might....
3) Oil scalp with coconut oil (I really have to be in the mood to do this though)

That is it. Simple isn't it!?! I followed this regimen when I had micros and when I had kinky twists. My hair definitely loved the little manipulation and the care that I showed to it.

Since it is winter, I will have to wear a hat when I go out so I will most likely cover my braids with a satin scarf, then cover with the hat so I don't get breakage.

No comments:

Post a Comment