Saturday, February 12, 2011

Singapore Beauty Buys

My first beauty haul post! Oh I love watching haul videos on Youtube. It certainly helps me to find cute things and compare prices on every place. Most of the time, I am so jealous about the cosmetics, fragrances, and clothes price outside my country, things are so much cheaper! T_T

I just went back from Singapore yesterday and I want to share what beauty related things I bought when I was there.

Gucci “Guilty” Eau de Toilette 50 ml ( SGD $108 )


I smelled it first on Sephora at Ion Orchard and I just going to say “fall in love at the first sniff”! This perfume smells so sexy and sophisticated! Very vanilla/musk/floral but not overpowering. So when I was at Changi Airport I decided to buy this oriental/floral perfume. It was cheaper there than Sephora. 

I was very confused wheter I wanted the Prada “Infusion D’iris”, Juicy Couture “Viva La Juicy”, Victoria’s Secret “Bombshell”, Chanel “Chance Eau Fraiche”, Narciso Rodriguez for her (the black bottle smells amazing!) or Thierry Mugler “Angel”, but I made my choice and chose this one.

One thing I don’t like about this perfume is the packaging. My father absolutely loves the bottle, but I think it is quite tacky and the cap is hard to open. The other thing I really worry about are the lasting power, there are some reviews on youtube and makeupalley that said this perfume doesn’t last very long, the smells fade quickly T_T.

My sister said this perfume smells so old. No no no no, I think it just more mature than the scents I usually go for. I have enough with fruity/floral perfume, most of them are ordinary and forgettable. 


MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 in NC15 ( SGD $30 )


My Revlon concealer is “dying” and the smells have changed! So I went to MAC at Tangs Plaza and purchase this one, I heard a good reviews about this studio finish concealer.


The MAC artist at Tangs Plaza was very nice and helpful. She asked me to sit, cleaned my makeup first and brought all the colors to my chair that we think were going to match my skintone, after found the one, she applied the concealer to both my under eyes circle and some blemishes, then she set it all with the Mineralize Powder. How nice! In Jakarta the MAC artists are very arrogant and definitely not friendly!


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in “Soft and Gentle” ( SGD $37.10 )


When in Changi I stopped by at the MAC counter! I found that the price was cheaper than the Tangs Plaza! I asked her about the studio finish concealer and she said it is SGD $25 plus SGD $2-4 discount at the cashier! :0

Speechless… I paid SGD $30 at Tangs Plaza instead of SGD $21 at Changi Airport!
Give me my $9 back!!!

So I decided to buy this Mineralize Skinfinish. She said It was SGD $41 but when we were at the cashier, the price became SGD $37.10!

I Love MAC at Changi Airport!!!!!


Etude Petit Darling Nail Polish ( SGD $4.70 )


Etude House store at Ion was very noisy and crowded! They had discount for just 3 days (11th-13th Feb)! So I purchased this one because my nail color was chipped and ugly, I need to paint a new layer ASAP! It was originally SGD $5.90 but they give me 20% off. Now I hate Etude House in Jakarta.


Montagne Jeunesse Face Mask ( SGD $2.90/each )


Few years back, some big department stores in Jakarta carried this French line. Now I can’t find it everywhere, so when I saw this at Plaza Singapura, I just had to bought it! The packaging is very cute.


Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 5O+/PA+++


This sunblock is very popular on Youtube, in USA I believe this sunblock is going to cost about USD $9-12 (correct me if I’m wrong). I saw one girl at Youtube use the SPF 70!!! I want higher SPF but 50 is the only one Plaza Singapura had at that time.

So this are the beauty related things I bought at Singapore .

If you have any questions or recommendations just leave a comment below J
PS: You can help me correct my grammar too, English is my second language and I’m willing to learn. So do not hesitate to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment