Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Have My Life Back!!

Before you begin...I know it has been a looooooong time since I posted. Well, I had my dissertation proposal on the 15th of this month so I kinda had to fall off the face of the Earth. The good news is that I got admitted to PhD candidacy (go me!) and I'm back to posting! :D

So let's begin shall we?

I want to talk about 2 things I have been trying lately. The first is Queen Helene's Garlic Shampoo.


I don't know if I ever mentioned this but um....my hair sheds...a lot. It never really bothered me because I know that's what your hair is supposed to do but gee whiz I had a lot. I had heard about this shampoo before and when I spotted it at the BSS I had to pick it up and give it a shot. I paid about $6-$7 for it and so far....it's a'ight lol.

The plus about this shampoo is that it is unscented so you don't go walking around smelling like a big ol' ball of garlic. However, a drawback is that it has ammonium lauryl sulfate as the second ingredient so it made my hair feel stripped and I had to follow up with a sulfate free moisturizing shampoo. As far as shedding goes, I'm not gonna lie to y'all and say it stopped my shedding---because it didn't. I will say that my shedding has decreased a little bit following this first usage but time will tell how effective it is.


I've also been trying One N Only Argan Oil which I :love:!

I paid $12 for this at my local BSS and it has been one of the best hair finds for me. Now I will say the name is kind of misleading. One N Only Argan Oil is mainly chock full of 'cones and not just 100% oil and oil alone. However, this product is amazing! I have used it for blow drying and flat ironing and found that it makes for a pretty good heat protectant. A little goes a long way with this product and my hair never feels weighed down with this product. I've also used it for air drying and I found that it goes a great job of keeping the frizzies at bay. Really, there isn't enough that I can say about this product. I just know that I love it and it is definitely staying in the rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment