Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Vitamin B Experiment

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Three days ago Recently, I've had to start taking a Vitamin B supplement for non-hair reasons (nothing major but let's just chalk it up to the fact that being a girl can suck sometimes). This current development has me thinking. As some of you may know the B vitamins are great for hair growth. In case you forgot, let me tell you what B vitamins do:

Biotin – This vitamin produces keratin that prevents hair loss and hair graying.

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)-activates vitamin B3 and vitamin B6

Vitamin B3 (Niacin)- Allows scalp blood circulation.

Vitamin B5 (Panthothenic Acid)-prevents hair loss and graying.

Vitamin B6- prevents hair loss and helps in the formation of melanin to give hair it's color.

Vitamin B12-prevents hair loss


Cool, huh?

Being the scientist I am, I want to do an experiment to see if me taking a Vitamin B supplement has any effect on my hair growth (I'm particularly interested in what Vitamin B3 can do).

So, here's the plan: I will take my Spring Valley Super B-Complex daily for 3 months or until I run out (but I shouldn't run out since certain factors dictate that I need to take them). Each month, I will do a length check to see if there are any drastic differences in hair growth. Hopefully, it will help you guys to decide if you should believe the hype regarding supplements!

No comments:

Post a Comment