Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Idris Elba Makes People’s Sexiest Men Alive List

Idris Elba Makes People’s Sexiest Men Alive List
*We already knew this, but the mainstream is finally recognizing that Idris Elba is one of the sexiest men alive.

The British-born actor made the list alongside other Brits like David Beckham and Simon Cowell.
Elba is featured in the latest Sexiest Man Alive issue of People Magazine, but he didn’t get the top spot (like we were hoping).

“The Hangover’s” Bradley Cooper topped the list, but Idris Elba isn’t salty about it. He knows he’s sexy.
The actor told the magazine that his greatest asset is his pearly whites.

“Women love when I smile,” Elba said. ‘They’re always saying: ‘You should smile more’. So, if I’m trying to get the attention of a certain young lady, I’ll turn on the smile.”

The actor, from Hackney, east London, joined the likes of fellow screen stars Taye Diggs and Denzel Washington in the annual round up.

Elba, whose international breakthrough came from his role in US hit show The Wire, says he has never considered himself to be an sex symbol.

“When I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, I look like s**t, I don’t know what everyone else is looking at, in general the word 'sexy' isn't applied to Black men. That word has been thrown at me a few times so I have to say I own it. If it gives me and other Black men another definition, then great. I can live with that" Idris told Essence magazine.


BETTER WITH AGE: Veteran actor Denzel Washington
.................................................................................

PEARLY WHITES: Taye Diggs and his winning smile make the cut
.................................................................................

STRIKING: Takers actor Michael Ealy
.................................................................................

HANDSOME: Actor and model Mehcad Brooks


Idris Elba Makes People’s Sexiest Men Alive List

No comments:

Post a Comment