Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Weekend and My Hair

Happy 4th of July everyone!

I hope all of you are having an amazing day, eating lots of yummy food, and watching some amazing fireworks. Currently, I'm laid out on my aunt's couch because I have eaten entirely too much. So, I figure it's best not to move...a lot.

So for the holiday weekend, I drove to SC to my grandparents house. My mom and brother drove down from VA and I met up with them in SC too. Now I love visiting my family, I promise I do. However, every time I come to SC I have to make some serious decisions as to what I'm gonna do with my hair. Let me explain. My grandparents live in Middle-of-Nowhere, SC (read: the country) and I have always had an issue with the water at their house. This is mainly because it's well water. It smells like eggs and even as a little girl, I didn't want that water touching me. Well, I have to shower of course but I refuse to let that well water touch my hair with its contents unknown. Nope, I'll just wait to go back to my good ol' Birmingham water. At least I know what's in that.

Anyway, I decided to keep my hair simple. With my trusty banana clip, I wore 3 styles over the course of my time here.


1) Banana clip bun. I absolutely love this bun and it was perfect for my day at the beach with my family. Besides, SC is so flippin hot and humid, I couldn't picture having my hair just out and about.



2) Braid out bun (please excuse my red teeth. I had just finished a wild cherry Icee. It was delicious.) I tried doing a braid out and it didn't turn out the way that I had planned so I bunned it. It was a good thing I did b/c we spent the day playing Putt Putt golf. In the hot sun......yeah.




3) Bantu knot out ponytail? (I did a bantu knot out and put it back with a banana clip. I'm not sure what you'd call that but that's what it is). It wanted to wear a bantu knot out for the family cookout today but then I went outside and knew I wasn't gonna wear my hair out. At all. What you see it the end result.



All in all, I have enjoyed my time w/ my family, meeting my baby cousins, talking, laughing, and carrying on. Now I'm ready to head back to B'ham to give my hair some much needed TLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment