Friday, July 29, 2011

Relaxer Day: July 28 2011

Welp. I relaxed last night.


My hair was pretty much signalling that it was about that time.Shedding a lot and just being downright---rebellious. I was 14 weeks and 2 days post--a pretty decent stretch. I try not to stretch too long because, as a self relaxer, I want to have an easy relaxer day. I've self relaxed at 20 weeks post and it was just....a mess. So, I now try to stretch long enough for it to be of benefit to my hair but not so long that becomes a source of frustration come relaxer day.


Anyway, I put my hair in sections and relaxed using Mizani Butter Blends. I neutralized with my Silk Elements Neutralizing Shampoo (I finally finished the bottle--YAY!!) and DCed with ORS Replenishing Condtioner (also finished off 2 almost empty bottles!) for an hour. After rinsing the condish out, I sprayed Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer on my hair and used Qhemet Biologics AOHC as a leave in. To finish off, I used One N Only Argan Oil as a heat protectant and straightened my hair.


Today, I went to SuperCuts for a much needed trim. I'm pretty pleased with the trim. The stylist wound up cutting my lead hairs so that they are on par with the rest of my hair (YAY!)

*PSA: When you go in for a trim, make sure you emphasize you want a trim. Some stylists think that a trim= you want your hair cut in layers. Do yourself a favor and make sure you emphasize that you want a trim NOT layers.*


See how evened up everything is!? Now I can really really begin to predict when I hit BSL. In the meantime though, now that I'm trimmed up...I'm back to protective styling.


On my next wash day, I will lather 1 time with a neutralizing shampoo to ensure that there is no relaxer in my hair and follow up w/ Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. I will then DC with a protein condish (Aubrey Organics GPB- I'm big on getting my hair's protein/moisture balance in check immediately following a relaxer) and do a final rinse with Roux Porosity Control. I'll probably wind up air drying my hair and bunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment